Multi Commander > Support and Feedback

Multi Commander right click crash

(1/3) > >>

kupo:
System: Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Version of Multi Commander: v 2 build 996
Possible conflict with S10 Password Vault.
Multi Commander crashes when right clicking a file after auto login with S10 Password Vault.
Reproducible
Steps
1. Go to any website that you have an account.
2. Use auto fill feature (using Ctrl - Alt - L) of S10 Password Vault while it is still locked.
3. Open Multi Commander and right click a file or at a space.
4. Crash happens
Attached is the report built by Multi Commander after the crash.

kupo:
I tested it with the release candidate for 2.1 and it seems to be fixed. But maybe you could still check the source of the problem to be sure?
EDIT: Seems to be happening after using auto login a couple of times.

Mathias (Author):
Strange.
Do not understand how it can conflicts with S10. I have not run S10 my self so I don't know that it does.
But since it happens during right click it, S10 probably installs a shell extensions that is called when showing the context menu.

But nice to hear that it works in the 2.1RC.  But no issue around shell extensions has been changed for 2.1 (I think.. not sure).
But I will take a look at the dump you sent later tonight and see if it give any hints on that can have caused it.

Maybe is still crashes on some files and work some others..  If get the crash again, let me know.

Mathias (Author):
The crash was in the windows shell process of the right click items (Context menu)

Often it is some shell extension that does something bad. But it does not have to be the S10 shell extension it can be some other shell extensions that does something bad and then makes everything crash.

This is the problem with Windows Shell Context Menu. All the Shell Extension need to place safe together. It can be a mess.

kupo:
Any idea how can I solve it? I know it's my system but any suggestions?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version