Multi Commander > Support and Feedback

Multi Commander right click crash

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mathias (Author):
You said the problem was gone in 2.1RC .. It is back ?

You can try to uninstall the S10 shell extension to check if it really is that shell extension that makes it crash.
And if it is. I can see if there is anything I can fix on my side. But there is a risk the problem is in the S10 Shell extension then, there is nothing I can do to fix it.

kupo:
Here is another crash dump generated by Multi Commander. I tried it with other file manager and Multi Commander is the only one constantly crashing..

Mathias (Author):
You sure S10 is the problem ?

I installed it and I don't see that it installs any shell extension. Does it adds any extra options to your right click menu ?

Maybe it is some other shell extension you have installed that makes it break.

According to the crash dump something has corrupted the memory for the shell extensions. so it can really be any of them.

kupo:
Pretty sure, only happens when S10 is running. Maybe you can track which one of the context menu is causing the crash? Sorry if I'm asking to much. Will setting the crash dump generated with maximum information help?
EDIT: Maybe I'll try to use Problem Steps Recorder that's built-in in Windows to show the crash? But I can only reproduce the crash in the stable version of Multi Commander, with the latest RC it's still crashing but it's randomly happening (only when S10 is running). I also contacted the author of S10 if it's accessing some sort of shell extension for it's process.

Mathias (Author):
No Step Recorder will not do anything.

Since S10 does not install any shell extension. (at least not what I can see ) I think it is some other shell extension that come in conflict with S10 stuff.

Since it is memory corruption error something can mess up the memory when A is called.. but the crash will not happen until Z is doing something.
So one might think that the problem is with Z. but it really is A. With other words. I can might not always be the most obvious thing that is the problem.

I think more that it is the SuRunExt.dll  (SuRun ? http://sourceforge.net/projects/surun/ ?? ) shell extension that do something. But I have not been able to do any tests yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version