Author Topic: When copying folder again: skipp all only skips this item  (Read 5106 times)

Valkenier

• View Profile
When copying folder again: skipp all only skips this item
« on: August 31, 2021, 20:39:45 »
I copy folder from my camera to my hadrdrive for backup purposes.

When I copy the same folder again I get to choose what to do with the filders already on the harddrive. Since I don't want to copy them again I select "skip all" I expect MC to skip all the files that are already on the harddrive. But it doesn't. The next file i get the same pop-up with the same question again.

Did I miss an option somewhere? Or is this a bug in MC?

horro

• View Profile
Re: When copying folder again: skipp all only skips this item
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 10:09:44 »
This seems to be a bug. I already asked about it in 2019, but the developers seem not to care about it. Shouln't be hard to fix anyway.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 09:40:48 »
This seems to be a bug. I already asked about it in 2019, but the developers seem not to care about it. Shouln't be hard to fix anyway.
Think is never as easy to fix that most people think. if stuff are easy to fix they are fixed quickly.
Most often also the bug report is bad and faulty so it cant be replicated, or the issue is more complex to fix and other stuff have higher prio.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 09:46:30 by Mathias (Author) »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 09:42:41 »
I copy folder from my camera to my hadrdrive for backup purposes.

When I copy the same folder again I get to choose what to do with the filders already on the harddrive. Since I don't want to copy them again I select "skip all" I expect MC to skip all the files that are already on the harddrive. But it doesn't. The next file i get the same pop-up with the same question again.

Did I miss an option somewhere? Or is this a bug in MC?
I cannot recreate this.
How is the camera accessed ? is it accessed like a normal filesystem ? or remote device or other ?