Author Topic: Valid Signature to stop error messages in PDF reader  (Read 4240 times)

Grace O

• View Profile
Valid Signature to stop error messages in PDF reader
« on: November 01, 2021, 19:05:31 »
I use Multi-Commander (64) to manage files.  Every time I open a PDF in Foxit I get an error message.  The message is that the MC signature is not valid.  what's most frustrating is that no matter how often I check the box to remember that I am OK with the invalid signature - I keep getting the error message.

How do I get a valid signature for Multi-Commander? This started happening a couple of weeks ago.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Valid Signature to stop error messages in PDF reader
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 22:30:30 »
Eh ? I don't understand. Foxit complain about signature for MC when you open a pdf ?

Well MC is not digitally signed if that is what foxit complain about.
Should be some way to allow it in foxit I guess. Never used foxit so don't know.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 22:35:36 by Mathias (Author) »

CatManDo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 22:00:24 »
I also have this problem and since I work with a lot of PDFs it's driving me crazy. This is becoming a deal breaker in an excellent program. FOR YOUR INFORMATION: Foxit Reader is a superb PDF utility that is way better than Adobe Reader.
I attached a screenshot of the error message. Checking the box to <remember the choice for this application> does no good and the error message is displayed every time a PDF is opened from within the Foxit program.

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2022, 13:05:31 »
Checking the box to <remember the choice for this application> does no good...

Then the fault is clearly that of Foxit reader...