Author Topic: Problem deleting folder with files inside  (Read 8203 times)

mmutoo

• View Profile
Problem deleting folder with files inside
« on: April 11, 2012, 04:47:00 »
Hi all. This is my first post in this forum. I am happy with multicommander, and I believe it is one of the best file managers I have used. However, I have a problem with the delete feature in it. The problem is, when I delete a folder in other file managers (like double commander), it seems that just the entry for that folder is marked deleted in the file system, while when I delete the same folder in MC, it deletes all the files and folders inside the folder individually. I can see that by the time it takes (a second or two for DC and a long log time for MC when the folder is full of files) and when I go to recycle bin (with DC there is one folder deleted while with MC all the files inside that folder are in recycle bin!). Is it a bug or it is a feature, and is there any way to make it normal like the others?

Thanks all.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Problem deleting folder with files inside
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 21:09:21 »
When you delete to the recycle bin a file is not really delete. It is just moved to the recycle bin folder.
Multi Commander will move all the files separate in the recycle bin, This so that you can recover just the file you want without having to restore all of them.

If you really know you do not want to move them top recycle bin. Then select to delete them permanent and they will be gone much faster.

I might add an option for it.

mmutoo

• View Profile
Re: Problem deleting folder with files inside
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 01:16:32 »
Thanks a lot Mathias. I suggest you add an option to move only the folder to recycle bin. That will make the delete process much faster, while still giving the user the chance to recover his/her files if wanted (although by recovering the whole folder).