Author Topic: Intermitent issue browsing folders inside a zip file  (Read 3620 times)

Alucard2k

• View Profile
Intermitent issue browsing folders inside a zip file
« on: December 18, 2021, 01:55:31 »
Hello,

I've noticed that sometimes, when browsing inside a zip file, I press enter to get to a folder inside the zip file and nothing happens. It does not open and I get no error messages.

After closing and reopening MC, it works correctly.

I'm using MultiCommander (x64) v11.4 (build 2831) in Portable mode on Windows 10 Home 64 bits (19043.1415).

Thanks.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Intermitent issue browsing folders inside a zip file
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 11:56:08 »
I browse and copy files from zip daily my self. and I have not notice that.
What are you doing when browsing inside zips. Copy files , viewing in place. ? adding files to zip ?
Can the zip have been change from the outside while MC was showing the content ? (then the cached data may be invalid, but then it should jump backwards to where the zip is located)

I do not think you need to restart.  Try to do a force refresh (shift + F2/F5 depending on keysetup) when you are at the location where the zip is or at root level of zip. Then it should remove the cache of everything under that location.

Alucard2k

• View Profile
Re: Intermitent issue browsing folders inside a zip file
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 01:06:45 »
Usually the only things I do when I'm inside the files is either use the internal viewer or open the files with the associated program.

I press F3 to use the internal viewer, and press Enter to open a file in the external viewer/associated program.

The files are static, nothing has changed the files outside of MC. Unless the antivirus (Windows Defender) changes something when I look at files inside the zip.