Multi Commander > Support and Feedback

Can not open a zipped html in Browser Chrome

(1/2) > >>

commander:
x64 v11.5 build 2842 Portable

I mentioned this problem before in the thread: http://forum.multicommander.com/forum/index.php/topic,4181.msg11901.html#msg11901

I like to store html files in zipped format, and try to open them in MultiCommander directly. (double click the zip and then double click the html) It does bring up Chrome but Chrome can't find the local file location. I check that file path, and it's really not there. (file:///C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/Temp/_mc_/mc_E509.tmp/_20220114.html)

Don't you have this issue?

I would like to upload a simple zip, but I think no one dare to open it. You could just create the simplest one by yourself.

AlanJB:
How do you zip the html files?  From MC or an external utility (like WinZip, PeaZip, or another tool?)

commander:
I tried 7-zip, Windows, MultiCommder

Mathias (Author):
MC will not temporary unzip the entire zip file when you click on a file in a file. That is why it is not working. And option for temporary unpacking entire zip or just the clicked file is planned but not implemented yet.

commander:
Interestingly, if "internet explorer" is the default browser (Windows:settings->Default apps->Web browser), it can find the tmp file path and show the html file. The old Edge can also do it. So that means MC really extracts the file to the tmp path? (as file:///C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/Temp/_mc_/mc_8483.tmp/report_20220110.html)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version