Multi Commander > Support and Feedback

Can not open a zipped html in Browser Chrome

<< < (2/2)

Mathias (Author):
Not sure what you mean.. Maybe you are trying to say something else.

But if you has a zip file and browse into that with mc and select to view or execute a file. That file must be unpack from the zip to some place.. But MC only unzip that file. not the entire archive. Because often that are not wanted you want if you only want to view one file. How ever web pages that are save are built up from many many files. so when the web browser opens the html file and want to read the rest. the rest is not there.

commander:

--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on January 15, 2022, 16:15:48 ---Not sure what you mean.. Maybe you are trying to say something else.

But if you has a zip file and browse into that with mc and select to view or execute a file. That file must be unpack from the zip to some place.. But MC only unzip that file. not the entire archive. Because often that are not wanted you want if you only want to view one file. How ever web pages that are save are built up from many many files. so when the web browser opens the html file and want to read the rest. the rest is not there.

--- End quote ---
Sorry, I didn't describe my issue well.
Each zip has one and only one file, html. That html doesn't depend on any external resources. I have uploaded a hello.zip, which writes only <html><p>Hello World</p></html>. Just double click zip and then double click the html in MC. Hope you could reproduce what I said. (Chrome is invoked but it can't find the temporarily extracted html)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version