Author Topic: Selected files are not handled properly  (Read 7702 times)

GrantSP

• View Profile
Selected files are not handled properly
« on: April 13, 2012, 07:49:51 »
Hey Mathias I have just noticed something about how "Selected" files/folders are not properly handled.

I was looking at changing the colours of the 'Selected' and 'Focused' files/folders when I noticed that if I select files/folders by Ctrl-clicking they correctly take on the colour of selected files. However file operations on them fail and only the the last file/folder selected has the focus and is then handled correctly.

Using the button bar or menu commands to "Select" different types of files/folders applies the colours of "Checked" and therefore all operations work on them.

So the questions are.
If the files/folders are not being selected by Ctrl-clicking why is there a colour option to highlight "Selected" files/folders? What is "Selecting"?
Or if they are being selected by Ctrl-clicking why are they not handled as such and why do the button/menu commands not apply the colouring as "Selected" but rather as "Checked"?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Selected files are not handled properly
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 08:58:12 »
It is because it is almost not supported anymore. and is being faced out.

Before there was more of a difference between if an item was selected or checked.
It becomes more clear if you enabled "checkboxes" in settings so that it shows a checkbox in front of the items.
Before it was possible to have items that was checked and items that was selected and it did not need to be the same. But this has been removed (in most situations)
and it now keeps selected and checked synced. (The underlaying UI component still makes a distinction of selected and checked)

The "Selected" settings will be removed. (Or more correct, the "Checked" settings will be rename to "selected" and the one that is selected today will be removed)

So for now. use the same color for "selected" as for "normal".
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 09:03:17 by Mathias (Author) »

GrantSP

• View Profile
Re: Selected files are not handled properly
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 02:26:09 »
Oh! Curious. :o

Good to see you are aware of it though.

Probably the next major version (3.0) then before you look at it.
Not an issue. I'll live with it.

I know I've said it before but I'll say it again: "This is the best freeware file manager I've used. Maybe even the best file manager bar none."