Multi Commander > Support and Feedback

Spyware not shown

(1/1)

FredeF:
My 64 bit Win7 pc is infected with M$ spyware, but I didn't know because Multi Commander don't show the spyware folder (CompatTel) + other folders. What is wrong?
MultiCommander v11.6.0 (Build 2845) (64 bit)

Multi Commander:

Windows Explorer:

Multi Commander:

Mathias (Author):
Hidden/System files are shown in the tree, is it also hidden in the list panel ?

also check C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ 
That folder is shown as the System32 folder for 32bit application on 64bit OS

Some security software can hook it self into Windows to prevent files/folders from being shown for 3rd party application. But normally they are hidden even in the shell as well. (WinExplorer)

FredeF:

--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on April 04, 2022, 13:36:55 ---Hidden/System files are shown in the tree, is it also hidden in the list panel ?

--- End quote ---
Yes, yesterday they were not shown in either the tree or the list, today they are shown in both places.   :o
I don't understand. See the screenshots at the end of this reply.

--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on April 04, 2022, 13:36:55 ---also check C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ 
That folder is shown as the System32 folder for 32bit application on 64bit OS

--- End quote ---
As you can see in the previous Windows Explorer screenshot from yesterday, it is 64bit spyware on a 64bit pc.

--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on April 04, 2022, 13:36:55 ---Some security software can hook it self into Windows to prevent files/folders from being shown for 3rd party application. But normally they are hidden even in the shell as well. (WinExplorer)

--- End quote ---
I don't use any security software on this pc.

The only thing I have done is to block the spyware from starting. I have now unblocked it again, but it still shows up in MC.
I don't understand why, sorry for the trouble.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version