Author Topic: Spyware not shown  (Read 3860 times)

FredeF

• View Profile
Spyware not shown
« on: April 03, 2022, 17:07:14 »
My 64 bit Win7 pc is infected with M$ spyware, but I didn't know because Multi Commander don't show the spyware folder (CompatTel) + other folders. What is wrong?
MultiCommander v11.6.0 (Build 2845) (64 bit)

Multi Commander:

Windows Explorer:

Multi Commander:

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Spyware not shown
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 13:36:55 »
Hidden/System files are shown in the tree, is it also hidden in the list panel ?

also check C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ 
That folder is shown as the System32 folder for 32bit application on 64bit OS

Some security software can hook it self into Windows to prevent files/folders from being shown for 3rd party application. But normally they are hidden even in the shell as well. (WinExplorer)

FredeF

• View Profile
Re: Spyware not shown
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 17:04:53 »
Hidden/System files are shown in the tree, is it also hidden in the list panel ?
Yes, yesterday they were not shown in either the tree or the list, today they are shown in both places.   :o
I don't understand. See the screenshots at the end of this reply.

also check C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ 
That folder is shown as the System32 folder for 32bit application on 64bit OS
As you can see in the previous Windows Explorer screenshot from yesterday, it is 64bit spyware on a 64bit pc.

Some security software can hook it self into Windows to prevent files/folders from being shown for 3rd party application. But normally they are hidden even in the shell as well. (WinExplorer)
I don't use any security software on this pc.

The only thing I have done is to block the spyware from starting. I have now unblocked it again, but it still shows up in MC.
I don't understand why, sorry for the trouble.