Author Topic: Version 12 * RC *  (Read 31732 times)

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
Re: Version 12 * BETA *
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2022, 12:56:57 »
Multi Rename by using the Date mdified use  maybe the GMT..This mean it use the absolute Date and sould use the relative date for my time zone..

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2022, 07:41:52 »
Hi, there is some issue with refresh of folders view on MC start in newest beta 2888.

When I start MC there are no folder icons, see picture 1. After for example refresh or go in and out to any folder, folder icons are refreshed picture 2.

There is still some bug with showing correct keyboard shortcut for rename F2 and make folder F7 command - picture 3. Anyway shortcuts are working OK, only visualisation is wrong.

Yes the icon things is a race condtion that can happen if things are fast and there are multiple icons requests at the same time.. I got it on my list of bugs for this release

Button Panel. Yes it is a refresh issue I think. If you have modifiers for button panel active so they change when pressing ctrl / alt then they are after that redrawn correct. 

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2022, 07:43:23 »
Multi Rename by using the Date mdified use  maybe the GMT..This mean it use the absolute Date and sould use the relative date for my time zone..
Not GMT but UTC,  All file times are UTC from the Filesystem.  So some UTC to Local conversion that are missing. I will look into that..

User_99

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2022, 10:13:45 »
Counter is sometimes - not always! - wrong ;)
Moved 4 files...

Also sometimes a problem with encrypted rar archives. Could this be a behaviour of an older unrar.dll?
After enter the password - the password dialog is back again or got an empty window.
Open with Winrar all is fine.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 10:23:27 by User_99 »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2022, 10:26:28 »
Counter is sometimes - not always! - wrong ;)
Moved 4 files...

Also sometimes a problem with encrypted rar archives. Could this be a behaviour of an older unrar.dll?
After enter the password - the password dialog is back again or got an empty window.
Open with Winrar all is fine.
I know.. it adds one extra when it finish up.

rar problem. Not able to recreate any problems with that.  external unrar.dll not used.. but using same code.  might be issues with the code or not.. I don't know, since I can't reproduce it.

Lukasz S.

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2022, 00:52:27 »
Hi,

Backup / Restore doesn't work, after pressing this option in menu nothing happens.

BR
Lukasz
Polish translator
Lukasz S.

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2022, 13:37:43 »
Hi,

Backup / Restore doesn't work, after pressing this option in menu nothing happens.

BR
Lukasz

I can confirm this in build 2894.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2022, 15:11:22 »
Hi,

BR
Lukasz
I will check that

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Version 12 * RC *
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2022, 16:36:49 »
Ref 12.0 b2901 x64 (Win10)

Had couple of incidents today after updating to this build
1 - right clicked on a file, dialog opened & MC locked completely, rest of system continued normally - killed via TM
2 - inserting a USB stick I have been using this week w/out issue, locked MC up for several minutes, killed/restarted MC & removed/reinserted the stick got round it.  Stick checked out Ok on Win10 diagnostics/repair.

Unusual behaviour for MC so thought I'd mention it.

User_99

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2022, 08:48:10 »
How many times did that happen?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2022, 10:38:51 »

1 - right clicked on a file, dialog opened & MC locked completely, rest of system continued normally - killed via TM
2 - inserting a USB stick I have been using this week w/out issue, locked MC up for several minutes, killed/restarted MC & removed/reinserted the stick got round it.  Stick checked out Ok on Win10 diagnostics/repair.

Unusual behaviour for MC so thought I'd mention it.

1. What dialog opens ? Shell Context Menu ?
2. Look in the look Ctrl+L if there are any info, also security software can blocks calls from MC to resources it protects.

But if it locks up you can create a dump from taskmanger.  and then send that to me at http://multicommander.com/upload
make sure you zip / 7z it first. Then I can tell you what it is waiting for.. often it is some external issue, like Network or somethings

User_99

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2022, 21:12:20 »

So far all fine here. Finger crossed ;)

Pawel

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2022, 17:21:25 »
Mathias,
Could you please improve displaying Multi Commander window on first run?
On my monitor (2k, 2560x1440) main window is NOT centered.

Mathias,
Have you try to improve displaying Multi Commander main window?
I would like to remind you, that the window is still not centered. Window is not proportional.
Take a look how it looks on 2K resolution after installation (on first run). See attachement image.
As you can see - MC window is not centered.

Left edge distance (163px) is different then Right Edge distance (491px). Top edge distance (156px) is different then Bottom Edge distance (212px)
How about making it proportional for each resolution?

-Pawel

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2022, 23:47:48 »
Mathias,
Could you please improve displaying Multi Commander window on first run?
On my monitor (2k, 2560x1440) main window is NOT centered.

Mathias,
Have you try to improve displaying Multi Commander main window?
I would like to remind you, that the window is still not centered. Window is not proportional.
Take a look how it looks on 2K resolution after installation (on first run). See attachement image.
As you can see - MC window is not centered.

Left edge distance (163px) is different then Right Edge distance (491px). Top edge distance (156px) is different then Bottom Edge distance (212px)
How about making it proportional for each resolution?

-Pawel

Well This is only on first startup. MC is actually not trying to center it nor place it, Size and placement is actually handle by Windows it self, all calculations are handled by windows so the initial windows will fit on screen.
But after first run. The window pos use is stored and used for next run.

Pawel

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2022, 11:08:36 »
Yes, it always fit. But how about get current screen resolution and set window width and height proportionally and place window centered?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2022, 11:45:36 »
Yes, it always fit. But how about get current screen resolution and set window width and height proportionally and place window centered?

I don't see how it matters.  as soon as you restart you get the size and location you had before..

And there is an idea to how windows is handling it. Because if you open a second instance you will not get the exact same position, it will be be moved a bit more down and to the right, of each new instance you open.. so you will se all windows of all instances. on top of each other but every windows is offset a bit so you see parts of all. seeing that you opened x instances and not one.

But you can do it with script..

MC.CmdLineRun CMD=":setpos 200 200 1400 1000"

Then from your MultiCommander shortcut you can tell it to auto run a command.. with multicommander.exe -AutoRun=<Name of Command to run>

« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 11:49:53 by Mathias (Author) »

Pawel

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2022, 16:14:05 »
Mathias,
Thank you for your point of view.

I will check your idea with script. Sounds interesting!
-Pawel