Multi Commander > Beta Releases

After the update, I can't even launch MultiCommander 12.0.0.2877 under Windows 7

(1/3) > >>

Timon:
Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. Updated to 12.0.0.2877. After the update, I can't even launch MultiCommander.
Crash-IDs: 12-X119HS and 12-B119UE
If you need any additional info, ready to send.

Before that, repeatedly updated and didn't experience any problems with the operation or app launch

Mathias (Author):
(Move topic to Beta section, since v12 is only out as beta..)

According to the crashdump it is when trying to read the language file. I can't see exactly what since the minimum crashdump does not contain any data.
The crash location is very strange and should not even be possible to happen.
Maybe <appfolder>\Languages\MC_LangPack_en.zip got corrupted ? can you open that file with Windows Exporer ?

Timon:
Yes. I can open MC_LangPack_en.zip and MC_LangPack_ru.zip files with Windows Exporer. I even checked the archives for integrity in Winrar 6.11 and 7-zip 21.07 and 22.00- No errors found. Can I provide any additional information to solve the problem?

Mathias (Author):
You can try to install the Microsoft VC Redist 14.32
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

It should be built into the exe, but Windows 7 is weird. and might require as a side by side install.

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: Timon on June 20, 2022, 13:28:30 ---Yes. I can open MC_LangPack_en.zip and MC_LangPack_ru.zip files with Windows Exporer. I even checked the archives for integrity in Winrar 6.11 and 7-zip 21.07 and 22.00- No errors found. Can I provide any additional information to solve the problem?

--- End quote ---
Also are you running Windows 7 or Windows 7 SP1 ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version