Author Topic: Folders not displayed if FolderMarker/FolderIco used to color folder icon  (Read 4278 times)

mcfreddog

• View Profile
I color some folder icons to stand out. I was surprised that Build 2915 (and possibly older builds) did not display those folders. There are other encrypted folders at the top of the list (see image) that also did not display. And, there was another folder (TipardTemp) that also did not display, although I do not know what is special about it (icon not colored). Since MultiCommander can create folders, I tried creating "TipardTemp" to see if I receive an error message (already exists) but the MultiCommander function looked like it had worked, but there was no message indicating success or failure.

Win 10 Pro x64

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
I'm confused.

According to your screenshots the colored folders do show !?

mcfreddog

• View Profile
>"I'm confused. According to your screenshots the colored folders do show !?"

For each of the screenshots, there are two File Managers; one is overlapping the other. The names of the image files explain what the two File Managers are. I used MultiCommander, Q-Dir, and xplorer2. MultiCommander is the only one that does not show all the folders. Notice that Q-Dir and xploorer2 both show all the folders.

Compare the left half of the image for one File Manager vs. the right half of the image for the File Manger partially overlaid. The icons of the programs also help identify which of the two File Managers are in each image.

MultiCommander is on the left of the first two images (compared to Q-Dir and xplorer2 on the right).

MultiCommander-Q-Dir.png
MultiCommander_xplorer2.png
Q-Dir-xplorer2.png

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
@mcfreddog,

sincere apologies - I did not study the images carefully enough  :o

In my (lame) defence, I always hide toolbars and icon panels in my system tools, so I never look for them.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
I color some folder icons to stand out. I was surprised that Build 2915 (and possibly older builds) did not display those folders. There are other encrypted folders at the top of the list (see image) that also did not display. And, there was another folder (TipardTemp) that also did not display, although I do not know what is special about it (icon not colored). Since MultiCommander can create folders, I tried creating "TipardTemp" to see if I receive an error message (already exists) but the MultiCommander function looked like it had worked, but there was no message indicating success or failure.

Win 10 Pro x64

MC ask Windows for the icon, Normally if another icon is set for a folder (Like Download , Documents and such) it will be returned to MC.. MC does not have to do any special handling..
Not sure how you configured the icon for other folder , if that are via some 3rd party shell extension or something,

Yes Creating folder that already exists does not do anything. if you press Ctrl+L and check the FileOperation log you see.
Create folder is more like.. Make sure this folder(s) and subfolders exists