Multi Commander > Feature Requests and Suggestions

Some ideas

(1/1)

Skylight0502:
Hello I have two ideas for multicommander:

1)
When you have selected several files, and using the windows hotkeys, pressing f2 should open the multirenamer windows, with those files already loaded.

2)
I also would like a menu, button or something else that allows me to select several files (more than 10) and click on open. Windows shell behaviour deactivates open for more than 10. It isn't unusual I need to open 100 csv for an excel sheet to reload all their values. I think this probably could be achieved with a script. Probably with a warning popup that are you opening too much files or something.

Mathias (Author):
1) If you have files / folders selected an open MultiRename Window, the selected files are already in the MultiRename window..
Or do you mean some other rename window ?

2)That is actually a limited in Windows..  If you select many files and press enter.. the list of all of them are sent to windows with the command "open" and Windows has a limited on how many it allows to be opened.
I think there is a registry settings for this will change that value.

Put you can create a script for it. that will take a selected file and then run Execute on each of them.. sending X calls to windows. for each selected files

Jungle:

--- Quote from: Skylight0502 on November 27, 2022, 17:13:50 ---1)
When you have selected several files, and using the windows hotkeys, pressing f2 should open the multirenamer windows, with those files already loaded.

--- End quote ---

If you want to open MultiRename dialog with F2, it can be done via Menu Configuration > Keyboard Customization

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version