Author Topic: Some ideas  (Read 4582 times)

Skylight0502

• View Profile
Some ideas
« on: November 27, 2022, 17:13:50 »
Hello I have two ideas for multicommander:

1)
When you have selected several files, and using the windows hotkeys, pressing f2 should open the multirenamer windows, with those files already loaded.

2)
I also would like a menu, button or something else that allows me to select several files (more than 10) and click on open. Windows shell behaviour deactivates open for more than 10. It isn't unusual I need to open 100 csv for an excel sheet to reload all their values. I think this probably could be achieved with a script. Probably with a warning popup that are you opening too much files or something.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Some ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2022, 14:47:59 »
1) If you have files / folders selected an open MultiRename Window, the selected files are already in the MultiRename window..
Or do you mean some other rename window ?

2)That is actually a limited in Windows..  If you select many files and press enter.. the list of all of them are sent to windows with the command "open" and Windows has a limited on how many it allows to be opened.
I think there is a registry settings for this will change that value.

Put you can create a script for it. that will take a selected file and then run Execute on each of them.. sending X calls to windows. for each selected files

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
Re: Some ideas
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2022, 16:51:33 »
1)
When you have selected several files, and using the windows hotkeys, pressing f2 should open the multirenamer windows, with those files already loaded.

If you want to open MultiRename dialog with F2, it can be done via Menu Configuration > Keyboard Customization