Author Topic: Problem with UserDefinedCommands.zip  (Read 3535 times)

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
Problem with UserDefinedCommands.zip
« on: November 30, 2022, 00:14:44 »
Hi Mathias.

I have found a problem with UserDefinedCommands.zip.  I have 50 scripts in the zip (each identified only by its GUID).

If I modify a script with MC's editor and save the changes, the zip is updated.  So far so good.  But...

When the zip is rebuilt with my changes all files in the archive are given the same date/time stamp and all file attributes are removed.

So I have no way to identify which file in the archive was changed; there is no visible  connection between the GUId and the script name.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Problem with UserDefinedCommands.zip
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 06:08:15 »
I will check if it is possible to keep date/time when it rebuild the zip

Also the filename is not important., You can rename the script file if you want. the Guid used is the one set inside the .udc file
then you can easier identify what script is what.

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with UserDefinedCommands.zip
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2022, 11:52:23 »
I will check if it is possible to keep date/time when it rebuild the zip

Date/time would be useful, adding the a attribute would give a quicker visual cue what has changed ;)

Also the filename is not important., You can rename the script file if you want. the Guid used is the one set inside the .udc file then you can easier identify what script is what.

Sure, but I don't want to navigate from an open zip file back to MC, open UDCs and check every script to locate the Guid then go back to the zip and identify the changed script!