Author Topic: internal error?  (Read 4330 times)

Jean

• Contributor
    • View Profile
internal error?
« on: February 26, 2023, 18:33:33 »
Mathias i have some troubles.
A file copy takes some 16 seconds before the overwrite confirmation dialog appears, log:

Code: [Select]
2023-02-26 18:27:34.133 Unable to open target file : C:\Pd\pd.ini.bak ( Error code : 10, Internal Error Code : 80)
2023-02-26 18:27:34.133 Handle file Operations error : 10 (80) - File/Folder already exists
2023-02-26 18:27:40.090 Copied : "D:\in\pd.ini.bak" => "C:\Pd\pd.ini.bak" - 14933 bytes in 1ms 0ms Total : 0ms - Average Speed : 14933000 bytes/sec (14.2 MB/sec), Read data time 1ms (14.2 MB/sec), Write data time 1ms (14.2 MB/sec)

Also i have slow startups because of unavailable network drives (sometimes also virtual cd drive):

2023-02-26 18:31:21.323 [Device Manager] - Get Drive Information of : M:
2023-02-26 18:31:41.062 [Device Manager] - Get Drive Information of : Z:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 10:32:28 by Jean »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: internal error?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 19:42:21 »
I guess that it is the first time you do a copy.
Because the first time it will check devices and what type they are to check what Read/write statergy to use.

And as during startup. If you got devices that MC see as available. but are not.. Then MC will hang a while until windows timeout the operation.

in Core Settings > FileSystem > Tweak
You can select devices to hide. Devices here will not be checked at startup. However I do think they are check the first time you do a copy..

Jean

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 22:32:10 »
Because the first time it will check devices and what type they are to check what Read/write statergy to use.

This is new behaviour, MC did not do this before, also explorer and others have no delay.:( :-[ :(

in Core Settings > FileSystem > Tweak
You can select devices to hide. Devices here will not be checked at startup. However I do think they are check the first time you do a copy..

This works, thanks.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 22:45:21 »

This is new behaviour, MC did not do this before, also explorer and others have no delay.:( :-[ :(
No it is not new.. it has always done this.
Windows give a list of available devices to MC, Problem is that if some of them are not fully connected.. MC is not notified of that.
So when MC tries to get information, Windows will try to connect.. and try and try and try.. until it gives up and returns back the control to MC.
Windows Explorer is using the Windows shell. and it also does this. BUT it is happening in the background.

Why do you have this unconnected devices. what are they ?  Network devices does cant be accessed ?

Jean

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2023, 23:12:19 »
Mathias the problem with the network shares is gone now i've disabled those drive's in settings.

The other problem, some 16 seconds wait before a copy, did not happen again since yesterday. Maybe it was something temporary from a windows update i don't know but i'm relieved, fingers crossed.
I don't want to use another filemanager. ;D 8)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 14:29:25 by Jean »

Jean

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2023, 11:34:24 »
I still get a hanging MC for a minute or more every once in a while copying a file.

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2023, 13:22:36 »
MC should not wait for Windows to time out with something. One request should be enough. After that, MC should do its own thing and let the explorer.exe handle the silly stuff. Maybe the best solutuion is:
taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F