Multi Commander > Beta Releases

v13.0 **BETA**

<< < (7/8) > >>

Ulfhednar:
Another RMB context menu issue on Win11 -
I've found that with OpenHashTab 3.0.4 https://github.com/namazso/OpenHashTab/releases/tag/v3.0.4:-

RMB>properties>hashes = OK  (<Alt+enter> also works OK)
RMB>Hashes = MC CTD & Restart

Both these functions are error free in vanilla Explorer.
It's not a vital issue but maybe this error reveals sth useful about how Win11 & MC context menu relate now?

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: Ulfhednar on November 11, 2023, 13:07:50 ---Another RMB context menu issue on Win11 -
I've found that with OpenHashTab 3.0.4 https://github.com/namazso/OpenHashTab/releases/tag/v3.0.4:-

RMB>properties>hashes = OK  (<Alt+enter> also works OK)
RMB>Hashes = MC CTD & Restart

Both these functions are error free in vanilla Explorer.
It's not a vital issue but maybe this error reveals sth useful about how Win11 & MC context menu relate now?

--- End quote ---
Some of 3rd party shell extension assumes that they are run from windows explorer and do stuff depending on that. They can't be fakes since they expect the Windows Explorer Window to be there or similar.

Ulfhednar:
Thanks for the explanation Mathias.
Any ideas about failure to shut down properly on Win11?

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: Ulfhednar on November 13, 2023, 22:29:39 ---Thanks for the explanation Mathias.
Any ideas about failure to shut down properly on Win11?

--- End quote ---
No.. Should be no difference in Win11 and Win10. Have not been able to reproduce. Impossible to figure out without being able to reproduce.
Does MC create and sends crash report ? what CrashID did it receives.. Then I can manually check the crash dump.

Ulfhednar:
Unfortunately nothing gets written.  Nothing in Event Viewer either.
On both W10 & 11 on the 22H.xx builds I'm seeing MC hang most of the time when closed.
It is still visible on the desktop & via TM can be forced closed.
Only RMB on taskbar works nothing else reacts to keys or mouse. The RMB/taskbar dialog doesn't answer clicks.
It always successfully saves state even tho it doesn't complete the close / exe termination properly.

Maybe I can run a trace on the exe when I close it? Any recommendations?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version