Multi Commander > Support and Feedback

Optimization in List view

(1/2) > >>

ags:
Firstly, thank you for this program, I really like how small it is on the disk and how well it's files are organized.

Regarding the use of keyboard, it is much simpler to navigate a long list of files using the arrow keys. But in Details mode the left and right arrows do not work.

To fix this I switch the panel to List mode. All the arrows work but then item creation and size is not displayed anywhere as the user passes with the cursor over them. They should be seen, they are important. Maybe in the bottom bar, which is only useful when user selects some files?

Offtopic 1: in the upper right corner of the forum, the news is that v12.8 is released and I am using v13 :)

Mathias (Author):
What du you want to do with left/right in detailed list mode ?  Arrow left/right works.. But by default maybe not what you want them to work. You can customize it.

ags:
Okay, I thought I'd suggest that by default, in Details view, the left and right keyboard arrows would behave like PageUp and PageDown.
Doesn't that make more sense?

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: ags on July 30, 2023, 14:03:50 ---Okay, I thought I'd suggest that by default, in Details view, the left and right keyboard arrows would behave like PageUp and PageDown.
Doesn't that make more sense?

--- End quote ---
I think it makes more more sense to just press page up and page down.
L/R arrow keys are used in some setup for other things, like enter folders , send folder to other panel.

ags:
When panel is in List view, it is important to be able to see date, time and size for files under cursor. MC does not do that by default. Can it be configured?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version