Author Topic: Customization  (Read 15413 times)

Sajjan

• View Profile
Customization
« on: May 16, 2012, 02:14:35 »
Help needed :

1. How to add/remove buttons in Address Tool Bar.
2. How to add/remove buttons in Standard Tool Bar.
3. How to add/remove buttons in File Commands Tool Bar.
4. How to activate mouse right click Windows context menu (or similar) for most common functions like extract files, view, edit, cut, copy, paste, delete etc. without resorting to Multi Commander defined shortcuts, to simplify frequent operations.
5. Selected file has just an underline below it. How to change it to full row color change for selected file.
6. Is there any file for quick Reference with short explanations to all default Hot key options.
7. How to disable splash screen at start up.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Customization
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 07:03:12 »
1/2/3 - The toolbars can be customized.
4 - You mean the right click menu that you see in Windows Explorer  ? that is configured in Explorer Panel Settings > mouse configuration. Change right button to shell context menu
5 - Strange That is not any of the default color option. Hm munless you have strange color options defined in windows it self.
anywhy colors is configured in  Explorer Panel Settings > Colors
6 - Menu > Configuration > Keyboard customization > Export to file
7 - Not possible. why, what problem does it give

Sajjan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 14:47:41 »
Mathias Sir,
First of all let me share what I think of this Multi Commander and you. It is more my pleasure to have found this software. It is more my delight to have found you Sir as 24x7 helper to me for learning and customizing this wonderful Commander.
My question]  7. How to disable splash screen at start up was more intended towards learning if there was any option for this than to insult you or undermine the software Sir. Your answer to mine  7 - Not possible. why, what problem does it give looks like you got offended by my question Sir. I have been so much impressed by Multi Commander that I am very keen to learn its tons of options so that I am able to localize options for my personal needs. Some other softwares offer to disable splash screens and this is why I asked this Sir. I offer my unconditional apologies to have hurt your feelings, without such intentions.
I must say I have tweaked all as you described successfully.
One more. I have a backup of Xml files into Zip file. If in future if there are any later updated versions and I instal them over my present version, do I need to over write Xml files to retain my customized settings in earlier version Sir.
Thank you Sir.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 15:10:56 »
No problem at all, I was not offended at all.

I got the question a couple of time about turning off the splash. I was just wonder if there are an issue with it that I have not noticed my self. Sometimes people want to turn off or change sometime because of some reason. But when I get the information about 'why' it is a problem, I sometime finds a better fix for the problem they have. Maybe it on some system is there for a long time and is annoying in some way.. I don't know. But would like to know.

One more. I have a backup of Xml files into Zip file. If in future if there are any later updated versions and I instal them over my present version, do I need to over write Xml files to retain my customized settings in earlier version Sir.

When updating using the built in update tool the configuration files will not be overwritten so the settings you made know should be kept.
Also if you uninstall and do a reinstall you can choose not to remove configuration when uninstalling.

If you running portable version. And are NOT updating using the update tool. Then make sure you do not overwrite the files in the config/ folder or backup them
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 15:18:06 by Mathias (Author) »

RussWilliams

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 20:38:53 »

I got the question a couple of time about turning off the splash. I was just wonder if there are an issue with it that I have not noticed my self. Sometimes people want to turn off or change sometime because of some reason. But when I get the information about 'why' it is a problem, I sometime finds a better fix for the problem they have. Maybe it on some system is there for a long time and is annoying in some way.. I don't know. But would like to know.

I am interested in either turning off the splash or changing it to not stay on top. My problem with it is that (1) yes, it does stay on quite a while on my system, and (2) it stays on top so that I cannot move it or access any window that comes up behind it.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 18:25:43 »

I am interested in either turning off the splash or changing it to not stay on top. My problem with it is that (1) yes, it does stay on quite a while on my system, and (2) it stays on top so that I cannot move it or access any window that comes up behind it.

The problem is that the settings are not loaded when the splash is shown. And if no splash is shown, then it will not be possible to show the error if it happens during startup..

However , It might be possible to add a registry settings for it..

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 18:28:32 »
Quote from: Mathias (Author)
The problem is that the settings are not loaded when the splash is shown. And if no splash is shown, then it will not be possible to show the error if it happens during startup..
Why is it impossible? What about simple Windows messagebox?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 18:32:59 »
I did not say 'impossible'. But then I have to redesign and rewrite a some stuff, and it takes times. And I'm already to busy.

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 18:36:50 »
I did not say 'impossible'. But then I have to redesign and rewrite a some stuff, and it takes times. And I'm already to busy.
And what about make it hidden and show only when error occurs (optionally).
But i agree, better leave it as is while there are more urgent things.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 18:38:25 by Jungle »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 18:40:21 »
Maybe..
Have to check how the error handling and the stuff that is dependent on the splash works. Was written a long time ago. And don't remember it all.