Author Topic: Wikipedia comparison of file managers does not include MC?  (Read 4283 times)

Anti-Bacterial

• Contributor
    • View Profile
While browsing this support forum, I saw a discussion on Open Source and it was there a similar file manager tool called Double Commander was mentioned.  I looked up DC and came across this Wikipedia comparative list of file managers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_managers

I am surprised that Multi Commander is unfortunately not shown among this list.  I thought you might want to update the Wikipedia to include MC and allow others to discover this wonderful file management tool. 

Just a suggestion.  What do you think Mathias? Thank you and keep up the great work

IT professional and technology enthusiast 💻⚙⚡

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Wikipedia comparison of file managers does not include MC?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2024, 07:37:51 »
Well,  Wikipeda has kind of a rule that you are not allowed to added or edit pages about your self and such. So If I add it my self I think it will be reverted as bias or something..

Anti-Bacterial

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia comparison of file managers does not include MC?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2024, 19:37:07 »
Hi Mathias

I don't see a problem for you as author adding the information to Wikipedia.  Consider that you (the developer) would be the only one to possess the technical details in the first place. You worked long and hard on MC, why not promote it and attract more users seeking the best file manager out there?

If you like, I am willing to edit the Wikipedia on your behalf, but I need your help to gather the MC technical information for the Wikipedia knowledge article. I think this would be great info to provide others looking to discover the awesome power and utility of MultiCommander!

I've created an Excel spreadsheet containing technical details (as much as I could gather) for you to review for accuracy.  See attached zip file. There are 8 tabs, one for each Wikipedia section in the article. I've collected everything in one place to make it easier for you to review and edit.

I know you're busy, but if/when you have the time, kindly please review/edit the Excel workbook and email me privately and I am more than willing to post MultiCommander information on Wikipedia here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_managers

Cheers and thank you!  I eagerly await your response.
AB

ps sorry for the many edits but I lost my original post while editing in this forum, so I have consolidated my replies to reduce noise.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2024, 19:38:57 by Anti-Bacterial »
IT professional and technology enthusiast 💻⚙⚡