Multi Commander > Beta Releases

2.5 Beta - Build 1101 - Bugs

<< < (7/7)

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: Jungle on June 08, 2012, 05:32:12 ---
--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on June 07, 2012, 20:35:25 ---
--- Quote from: Jungle on June 07, 2012, 19:54:05 ---III. Why does MU in portable mode store its settings in registry?

--- End quote ---

It does not. Normally it should not unless somethings with the settings have change.

In the about menu. It should say "Running in portable mode : yes"
--- End quote ---

MC shows "Running in portable mode : yes". I delete registry settings for multiupdate, then run multiupdate, change settings. Aftetr that registry entry appears again.

--- End quote ---

The Update program does not know about the portable mode or not. It is standalone and can be run without any other parts.

Jungle:

--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on June 08, 2012, 07:04:28 ---The Update program does not know about the portable mode or not. It is standalone and can be run without any other parts.
--- End quote ---
MU is a part of MC package. I suppose that all parts of a package shoud have the same run mode unless it is impossible to implement.

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: Jungle on June 08, 2012, 10:23:25 ---
--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on June 08, 2012, 07:04:28 ---The Update program does not know about the portable mode or not. It is standalone and can be run without any other parts.
--- End quote ---
MU is a part of MC package. I suppose that all parts of a package shoud have the same run mode unless it is impossible to implement.

--- End quote ---
Problem is that MU is entire standalone.. You can take MultiUpdate.exe and run on another computer and it will download the complete installer if it can now update.
MU does not read any config files or anything.

It only save some session settings in registry if you go into settings menu, That have to be good enough for now. Im not going to redesign how the update program works at this time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version