Author Topic: 2.5 Beta - Build 1101 - Bugs  (Read 42255 times)

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
Re: 2.5 Beta - Build 1094 - Bugs
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2012, 19:48:17 »
Maybe you disabled the other toolbars in config ?
Enabling/disabling doesn't change "View->Toolbars" menu. It has only "Command line bar" item.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: 2.5 Beta - Build 1094 - Bugs
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2012, 21:21:47 »
Ahh the toolbar menu options

View->Toolbars menu only has Command line bar on Windows XP. Hide/Show only works for the command line bar. the other toolbar are always on, in Windows XP.

you can disable them in config. but it require restart to show/hide them

I will see if I can fix a workaround for it and enable it in Windows XP. But not sure if I get it into this release.

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
Re: 2.5 Beta - Build 1101 - Bugs
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2012, 19:54:05 »
I. Language editor bug

1. Open Language editor on the one panel. Export and Restore work.
2. Open Settings page on the other panel. Export and Restore in language editor don't work.
3. Close settings page. Export and Restore in language editor still don't work until reopened.

---

II. MultiUpdate bug

Very often MU displays "Lost connection... Retrying..." and after few attempts nothing happens. Progress bar remains at the same position, no new "Lost connection... Retrying..." lines appear. After restart MU starts downloading from beginning and that situation may happen again.

III. Why does MU in portable mode store its settings in registry?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 20:06:10 by Jungle »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2012, 20:35:25 »
I. Language editor bug

1. Open Language editor on the one panel. Export and Restore work.
2. Open Settings page on the other panel. Export and Restore in language editor don't work.
3. Close settings page. Export and Restore in language editor still don't work until reopened.
I only get it to fail if the tab focus in in the opposite panel. If you click on someplace in the language so that tab gets the in focus. Then it will work.

---
II. MultiUpdate bug

Very often MU displays "Lost connection... Retrying..." and after few attempts nothing happens. Progress bar remains at the same position, no new "Lost connection... Retrying..." lines appear. After restart MU starts downloading from beginning and that situation may happen again.
It will only retry a couple of times. There are two download path i the update program.  in settings you can change to/from use WinInet for download.
try change that and see if that works better.
[/quote]

It does not. Normally it should not unless somethings with the settings have change.

In the about menu. It should say "Running in portable mode : yes"

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2012, 05:32:12 »

It does not. Normally it should not unless somethings with the settings have change.

MC shows "Running in portable mode : yes". I delete registry settings for multiupdate, then run multiupdate, change settings. Aftetr that registry entry appears again.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2012, 07:04:28 »

MC shows "Running in portable mode : yes". I delete registry settings for multiupdate, then run multiupdate, change settings. Aftetr that registry entry appears again.

The Update program does not know about the portable mode or not. It is standalone and can be run without any other parts.

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2012, 10:23:25 »
The Update program does not know about the portable mode or not. It is standalone and can be run without any other parts.
MU is a part of MC package. I suppose that all parts of a package shoud have the same run mode unless it is impossible to implement.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2012, 11:30:54 »
MU is a part of MC package. I suppose that all parts of a package shoud have the same run mode unless it is impossible to implement.
Problem is that MU is entire standalone.. You can take MultiUpdate.exe and run on another computer and it will download the complete installer if it can now update.
MU does not read any config files or anything.

It only save some session settings in registry if you go into settings menu, That have to be good enough for now. Im not going to redesign how the update program works at this time.