Multi Commander > Support and Feedback

Ultra slow file copy

(1/3) > >>

cmdsemmi:
Hi!

I have the following problem with MC:
the file copy speed is avg. 1 MB/sec!!! (copying files in same partition, or to another partition too)
With Windows or another file commander (for example Far Manager 2) the speed is 5x-10x faster than MC!
My config:
Windows 7 Pro 64bit , AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.00 Ghz, 4GB RAM, WD Sata2 500gb hdd.

Is there any option to boost the filecopy speed in the options?

Thank you for the answer!

Mathias (Author):
That is very strange..

What are you copying from/to..   Internal harddrives/ External USB drive / USB Memory sticks / SSD ?

In the file copy dialog you can try to select a different read/write strategy. It maybe auto detects something wrong and select a bad one.

cmdsemmi:
I copying from internal HD to the same internal HD (same partition to same partition, or one to partition to another partition)
The problem is "solved":
the default Read/Write strategy is : Power, Same Disk -> this is ultra slow (Power, Different Disks slow too)
if I set to Normal, then its fast as Windows/other programs.
Is there a solution to set this Normal to default read/write strategy? (because setting this on each filecopy is very annoying.)

Thank you!

Mathias (Author):
Strange.. This is normally because of bad drivers.  Drivers that require that system\drive cache are used.

Just set the configuration of normal to the same as power.

The different of them is buffer size and that power bypasses the drive cache, In most cases this is faster for large files. but some harddrives/drivers does not like it.

cmdsemmi:
Ok, I changed power conf same as normal. Now everythings fast.
Thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version