Author Topic: Reopen tabs when closed  (Read 11381 times)

matm

• View Profile
Reopen tabs when closed
« on: June 04, 2012, 15:55:42 »
Hello

I realized that MC reopened as many tabs as there were when I closed it previously.
But all tabs that used to be on network drives (like S: mounted on \\srv\softs) or UNC paths are now on the root of C: drive.

Although I think it may be a prudential behaviour to not reconnect to network thingies (since it could lead to some timeout), I would like to share on how to help implement a better guess.
- I think mapped drives are easy to check : is the drive letter here, even if mapping is not refeshed. When clicking F5, trying to reconnect should get standard message (authentication, server not found, etc)
- UNC paths could be very slow to touch. So either a background thread to check against or do not reopen tab.

In both cases, is it realistic to do like for local drives: if previous path doesn't exist, try to get up one folder and re-check ?

And my last point:
- Is there a setting to disable reopening of tabs on next launch ?

Thanks

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Reopen tabs when closed
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 16:46:02 »
But all tabs that used to be on network drives (like S: mounted on \\srv\softs) or UNC paths are now on the root of C: drive.
Correct. It does not save networks path by default. That is a feature.

Under Explorer Panel Settings.. at the bottom of the settings page there is a category named "Save on exit"

Uncheck "Save only path to local harddrive"

And my last point:
- Is there a setting to disable reopening of tabs on next launch ?

There is also an option name "Remember open paths" if this is off.. It will not load old tabs.

And if you starts MC with command line options to open some path. This will override what is saved.

matm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 18:26:19 »
Thanks for the options. It does what I want.

However, I did not expected something related to tabs in the panel settings (which is "inside" the tab), so why I didn't search there. Save On Eixt settings are more for core than Panel, IMO.

regards

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 22:00:54 »
However, I did not expected something related to tabs in the panel settings (which is "inside" the tab), so why I didn't search there. Save On Eixt settings are more for core than Panel, IMO.

Well yes and no. It is under Explorer Panel settings because of how everything is built. Everything in MC is a plug in/extension and the Explorer Panel is really a plugin that visualize the internal filesystem.
So that why the settings is there.