Author Topic: Listview mode improvement  (Read 7263 times)

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
Listview mode improvement
« on: June 18, 2012, 07:16:00 »
Look at the attached pic.

There are 2 columns. And extensions in the 2nd column aren't visible. In "other file manager" there is a solution:
when you move file cursor to the 2nd column, the first column is gone and the second takes its place. The rest files are then in the new 2nd coumn. And when you reach the last file in the directory, there will be only one column.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Listview mode improvement
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 08:05:28 »
If the second column does not fit completely in visible area. And user move focus to a file item in that column.
It will only auto scroll that column it if less then 75% is visible.
I had it so it always scrolled if it was not 100% visible. but UI experience was weird, and it would autoscroll in situation where you wonder why it did so, because for the user it was not needed.

However when showing file with the file extension to the right I can see that in this case it might be more of an issue.

So maybe handle it different if that option is on? or maybe always draw the file extension, if column end is out of visible area then move the position where the file extension is drawn so it is always visible? I will do some testing.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Listview mode improvement
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 21:25:47 »
v2.5.1 handles this better. you should now always see the extension in LIST mode when having the Extension option "Filename with right aligned extension"