Multi Commander > Beta Releases
MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW
total_annihilation00:
--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on September 11, 2026, 14:58:26 ---
--- Quote from: total_annihilation00 on September 11, 2026, 14:53:11 ---I just noticed this now, in V17, the "Date Created" File Column displays nothing ! It's an empty field throughout —it works fine in V16.2 ! Is this a known bug ?!
--- End quote ---
Column "Extended - Date Created" ?
Works for me. Strange..
You path say thumbstick. is that is usb stick mounted into a path ? does it happens only under that path or everywhere ?
--- End quote ---
Yes, "Extended - Date Created" And no it's a local harddrive folder, not a USB Drive (I use it to store temporarily for transferring files to my USB Drive.) It happens everywhere. Even in a fresh copy of MC V17. (updated the screenshots)
total_annihilation00:
Thought I might also bring these to your attention:
* V16 shows a Color Picker popup (in Core Settings > Colors) but V17 goes straight to the Color dialog, if this is a design choice then ignore.
* I found some other hotkeys using Page Up and Page Down to also be invisible/ hidden in the "Keyboard Customization" dialog !
* Like the "Keyboard Customization" dialog that you resized, the "Folder Settings" dialog is also slightly lying out of the screen (might want to fix that as well.)
* My File Header Column is buggy again, could be because I made a "User-Defined Script" to autorun (command-line parameter) to make the Left Panel 100% long, or could be because I manually edited the ColumnSets.xml and made some changes (renamed it to Default I don't know. But fixing the File Column Header (and Layouts) would be a big step up !There was another minor coloring glitch but I omitted it for now: in V16 for instance I have (in Core Settings > Colors tab) Settings Panel > Tab > textcolor as "Button Text" ("Windows Standard Colors" option) which is black (correctly) but on V17 it shows "Button Text" text color as Gray/ White.
Mathias (Author):
lets wait until next preview and see what stills applies.. lots around this are already changed so some of it is probably not valid anymore. See if I can put out a updated preview tonight
total_annihilation00:
--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on September 12, 2026, 09:55:22 ---lets wait until next preview and see what stills applies.. lots around this are already changed so some of it is probably not valid anymore. See if I can put out a updated preview tonight
--- End quote ---
Sounds good !
Mathias (Author):
Preview #2 is out. Download and test
https://forum.multicommander.com/forum/index.php/topic,5240.0.html
(Locking this forum. use new forum topic for Preview #2 stuff
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[*] Previous page
Go to full version