Multi Commander > Support and Feedback
File Column Header Width Still Resizing Unexpectedly
(1/1)
total_annihilation00:
File Layout Column Width Keeps Shrinking in V16
In V16, I experienced an issue where the File Layout Column Widths randomly resize. I was forced to delete all custom File Layout templates and revert to the default layout. However, even the default layout still exhibits unexpected resizing when navigating between tabs or upon re-launching MC. I initially expected this to be fixed in V16, but the problem persists.
I need a fixed, permanent File Column Header Layout as defined by my template (configured to include drives C:\, D:\, F:\, G:\, H:\, with "Valid for subpaths").
Currently, I cannot create a new template because of a bug where the selected sorting column is not preserved/remembered, forcing me to delete custom templates and use the default template to retain the sorting column.
I previously reported this here: https://forum.multicommander.com/forum/index.php/topic,5107.0.html
Reproduction steps (approximate):
Switch between tabs and restart MC. Upon relaunch, the File Column Header Widths should reset/shrink — though this behavior appears somewhat random and not guaranteed.
Mathias (Author):
(Wow block of text. Please try to use return key to space out text to make it more readable.)
Since I have not been able to reproduce it, It is not fixed. I can't fix things I can't recreate.
I doubt it's worth fixing this in v16 unless it's a straightforward fix.
The file view UI component has been completely rewritten for v17, so the issue may already be resolved.
However, since the new component was modeled after the old architecture, the bug might still persist. If that's the case, then I will address it there, provided I can replicate the error.
total_annihilation00:
--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on August 28, 2026, 08:36:15 ---The file view UI component has been completely rewritten for v17, so the issue may already be resolved.
However, since the new component was modeled after the old architecture, the bug might still persist. If that's the case, then I will address it there, provided I can replicate the error.
--- End quote ---
Alright, will do !
Navigation
[0] Message Index
Go to full version