Multi Commander > Beta Releases

MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW 2

<< < (2/3) > >>

total_annihilation00:

--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on September 15, 2026, 10:16:35 ---I can find any issue with having column set with space in the name or not.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for replying, yes, it doesn't seem to make much of a difference, except I think without spaces the other tabs (background tabs) are properly sized according to the Layout. If possible try and get around to fixing this File header column issue. Also Color Rule Editor bug fix would be much appreciated also. But mainly the File Header Columns resizing sporadically.

Mathias (Author):
It is still impossible for me to fix something I can't reproduce, All I can do is write done a note about it and keep and eye out for it when/If I see it happening.

Mathias (Author):
Can anyone please do testing of Tags..  what missing with tag.. how can it be improved.  what does not work with tags. and so on.

Jungle:
1. When multiple tags are set, they can completely overlap a filename.

2.Tags can be toggled via toolbar, but the icons' states aren't synchronized with the real tags state. I mean toolbar buttons are always drawn unpressed. I suggest make the buttons of active tags pressed.

3. I think it would be helpful to implement some kind of dropdown list with tags. E.g. on Shift+F6 one can invoke in-place rename. So it could be something similar, but with tag list instead of edit box.

4. Tags toolbar is limited. Personally, I would like to see customizable toolbars which can be docked/sticked to any side of MC. At the moment, only button panel is dockable. The displays are wide, why not use horizontal space?

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: Jungle on September 17, 2026, 19:00:35 ---1. When multiple tags are set, they can completely overlap a filename.

2.Tags can be toggled via toolbar, but the icons' states aren't synchronized with the real tags state. I mean toolbar buttons are always drawn unpressed. I suggest make the buttons of active tags pressed.

3. I think it would be helpful to implement some kind of dropdown list with tags. E.g. on Shift+F6 one can invoke in-place rename. So it could be something similar, but with tag list instead of edit box.

4. Tags toolbar is limited. Personally, I would like to see customizable toolbars which can be docked/sticked to any side of MC. At the moment, only button panel is dockable. The displays are wide, why not use horizontal space?

--- End quote ---

1. Yes I notice.. that will be fixed

2. Toggle, Or added or remove.. depending on key you hold, So it is not just toggle, anyway,, Syncing state, I don't think so. it would require it to sync each time focus or selection is changed., lots of extra compute just for changing focus.  You see state after the file with badges or icons or as text in extra column. I think that is enough. at least for now

3. Dropdown.  interesting idea, Maybe, will have to check if it is possible, Hmm I was thinking about having a popup that was shown on special key. but Dropdown might also work.

4. Rewrite of entire toolbar system is not in the scope of this release. I got it as a "nice to have" thing on my todo list for future improvements.. but that is a major separate task

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version