Multi Commander > Feature Requests and Suggestions
Filter on typing
(1/1)
BuGent:
As the title says, the feature I really miss is filtering by typing. Both Total Commander and Double Commander offer the ability to simply start typing (without having to use a command line or keyboard shortcut), and only the files and folders matching the typed text are then shown.
Thank you.
Mathias (Author):
Ctrl+F then start typing and view is filtered and only items matching are shown
BuGent:
Thank you for your reply.
I know that you can filter the items using Ctrl+F, but it would be a useful feature if typing could filter the items by default, and pressing Esc could clear the filter.
Mathias (Author):
That would make it kind of in conflict with type to search and type to commandline field.. Not sure I like the idea to include another thing connected to typing.
BuGent:
In DC, there’s an option to switch between the different behaviors. When typing, it either filters or searches. And there’s a keyboard shortcut for the command line.
Of course, I understand the issue behind it. It could very well be that I’m simply the only one who is being held back from switching because of this.
In any case, thank you for your work.
Navigation
[0] Message Index
Go to full version