Multi Commander > Support and Feedback
MC shuts down when copy pasting files
(1/1)
Schoenend00s:
Dear reader. I'm using MC for a long time, but since half a year I discover problems when I copy files of maps from one map to another. MC freezes and shuts down eventually. When I restart MC, the files have always been copied succesfully.
Does anyone know what the problem here could be? Thanks in advance.
Mathias (Author):
that is not a issue that has been reported before. Sound like something keeps a hold on the files before they let MC continue with them.. Maybe the security software is checking the files.
When it crash, Does it sends a crash report.. and if it does , tell me the crash Id and I can investigte the crash manually..
if it hangs..
Do this to create a dump of MC when it hang.
https://multicommander.com/Docs/troubleshooting-hang#creating-dump
and upload at https://multicommander.com/support/upload
Then I might see in the dump file what MC is waiting for
Schoenend00s:
Thanks for your time. Unfortunaly uploading the dumpfile isnt working. I;m getting "502 bad gateway". The file is 375 mb, so quite big. Is there another way to send the file?
Mabye this works:
swisstransfer [dot] com/dl/01a0ed05-d34e-70d0-9dbd-60963d8dab8b
Thanks in advance.
Mathias (Author):
--- Quote from: Schoenend00s on September 29, 2026, 13:57:46 ---Thanks for your time. Unfortunaly uploading the dumpfile isnt working. I;m getting "502 bad gateway". The file is 375 mb, so quite big. Is there another way to send the file?
Mabye this works:
swisstransfer [dot] com/dl/01a0ed05-d34e-70d0-9dbd-60963d8dab8b
Thanks in advance.
--- End quote ---
375mb even when zipped ? The server should support file up to a 1GB. Not sure why you can't upload.
Schoenend00s:
I tried this zip, but i'm getting this error:
Bad Gateway
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
Navigation
[0] Message Index
Go to full version