Author Topic: MC shuts down when copy pasting files  (Read 116 times)

Schoenend00s

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
MC shuts down when copy pasting files
« on: September 25, 2026, 08:19:12 »
Dear reader. I'm using MC for a long time, but since half a year I discover problems when I copy files of maps from one map to another. MC freezes and shuts down eventually. When I restart MC, the files have always been copied succesfully.

Does anyone know what the problem here could be? Thanks in advance.

Mathias (Author)

  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5055
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: MC shuts down when copy pasting files
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2026, 08:45:58 »
that is not a issue that has been reported before. Sound like something keeps a hold on the files before they let MC continue with them.. Maybe the security software is checking the files.
When it crash, Does it sends a crash report.. and if it does , tell me the crash Id and I can investigte the crash manually..
if it hangs..
Do this to create a dump of MC when it hang.
https://multicommander.com/Docs/troubleshooting-hang#creating-dump

and upload at https://multicommander.com/support/upload

Then I might see in the dump file what MC is waiting for

Schoenend00s

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re: MC shuts down when copy pasting files
« Reply #2 on: Today at 13:57:46 »
Thanks for your time. Unfortunaly uploading the dumpfile isnt working. I;m getting "502 bad gateway". The file is 375 mb, so quite big. Is there another way to send the file?

Mabye this works:
swisstransfer [dot] com/dl/01a0ed05-d34e-70d0-9dbd-60963d8dab8b

Thanks in advance.

Mathias (Author)

  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5055
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: MC shuts down when copy pasting files
« Reply #3 on: Today at 14:09:19 »
Thanks for your time. Unfortunaly uploading the dumpfile isnt working. I;m getting "502 bad gateway". The file is 375 mb, so quite big. Is there another way to send the file?

Mabye this works:
swisstransfer [dot] com/dl/01a0ed05-d34e-70d0-9dbd-60963d8dab8b

Thanks in advance.

375mb even when zipped ?  The server should support file up to a 1GB.  Not sure why you can't upload.