Author Topic: current folder to clipboard  (Read 9584 times)

matm

• View Profile
current folder to clipboard
« on: July 20, 2012, 12:40:28 »
With MC 2.5 b1110, when browsing, default focus is on the [Go to parent folder] special item.
So if I use the command "To Clipboard>File/folders Path" to get the current path to clipboard, it failed.

1. Is there another method to copy current path to clipboard, that could be keyboard assignable ?
2. Could the To Clipboard commands work also on the special item as if it were the current folder ?

Regards

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: current folder to clipboard
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 12:50:01 »
To Clipboard commands failed on ".." because it is kind of a fake folder. I will see if a special workaround for it can be added.

1. You can create user defined command for it
Create a command of Multi-Script type and then add
Code: [Select]
SetClipboardText(GetSourcePath());And then save it and then assign a hotkey for that command.

2. Do not really understand that.. Can you give an example ?

matm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 13:09:01 »
To Clipboard commands failed on ".." because it is kind of a fake folder. I will see if a special workaround for it can be added.
[...]

2. I was asking what you said in your message. For valid commands, consider that item to be ".", so current folder. That will allow To Clipboard to work (File path will return c:\windows\. , which is syntactically correct, even if it adds a small redundancy, Path will return c:\windows).

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 13:15:48 »
[...]

2. I was asking what you said in your message. For valid commands, consider that item to be ".", so current folder. That will allow To Clipboard to work (File path will return c:\windows\. , which is syntactically correct, even if it adds a small redundancy, Path will return c:\windows).

Ahh okey.. Well as I said.. I will see If it can be added so it will works. Because how the internal virtual filesystem works it might not be possible without a major rewrite. But I will check.