Author Topic: Search listing/box in same Panel?  (Read 9548 times)

Void

• View Profile
Search listing/box in same Panel?
« on: April 27, 2012, 18:16:52 »
Is there any way I could make the search box/listing appear in the same panel as I'm currently in? For all operations the active panel is the one I'm working with, and that stays consistent, so over decades of working with dual panel navigators my brain has gotten used to having a purpose for the left panel and one for the right panel, and managing them separately and saving one for one purpose so to me it's very confusing each time I want to search for some files that suddenly I'm not only jumped from the right to the left one, but also suddenly some important data that i wanted to keep visible on the left panel is hidden from view under an new surprise tab. I find this quite annoying. Is there any way I could disable/control this? Thank you very much!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Search listing/box in same Panel?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 12:12:43 »
search box ? you mean the search panel  ( Ctrl+f7 ? )

It is always opened in the opposite panel because it should not block the view of there you focus is. But I can understand that you might want that.

Thanks for reporting this. Looks like there are a couple of minor issues with this.

1) There was a way to do this before, But it looks like that does not work anymore. I will fix that.

2) You can also start the search with custom command scripting. BUT there is a bug here so it is always created on the right side.  To start it is also need the searchfor and seachin parametrs or it is not created. but they can be empty
( "MC.FileSearch.Search SEARCHFOR= SEARCHIN= ")
This will also be fixed.

All this will be fixed in the next version.
Until then you have to drag the tab over to the other side.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 12:23:18 »
This issues have been logged and have tracking id #177 , #178

Void

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 12:51:00 »
Yes, indeed. I always start it with alt-f7. Thank you so much!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 14:28:55 »
In v2.1.2 (1045) You can now with custom command start the search in the same panel that you have focus in.

Create a new user command of "custom command" type

and insert
Code: [Select]
MC.FileSearch.Search PANEL=ACTIVE SEARCHIN="${sourcepath}"Then save that command.

Then to setup the hotkey. You first need to remove the hotkey for the current search and then assign it to this command.

Click on "hotkey" to assign hotkey for this command.

You first need to go to "Explorer Panel" under "module" and remove hotkey for search there.
after that go back to "User Defined Commands" under module, and select you new start search command and assign alt+F7 to that.

Void

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 16:40:58 »
hmmm, I had misssed this one, and then was afraid as it seemed a bit complex, but in the end tried it and am very happy with it! Thank you for the solution!