Author Topic: Quick Search Exit  (Read 7659 times)

Void

• View Profile
Quick Search Exit
« on: August 01, 2012, 16:32:24 »
Hey! I haven't been around lately but that's not because of lack of interest, but exactly because MC has been working so very awesomely! Thank you so much for that! I do have one thing that has been bugging me for a couple of weeks that I wanted to ask you if it was possible to fix:
I use quick search all the time to jump to files, and that's just fantastic, thank you so much for adding that feature. My only problem is that I often search for something and then want to search for something else but the Esc key doesn't seem to cancel out the search mode. This can be quite annoying as the only way I have found out of it is a couple of enters. What happens is that the quick search finds something, but sometimes not what I wanted and then not even the arrow keys work any longer, and by hitting enter I am entering whatever folder happens to be selected, and then I have to reexit it to get back where I was.
Thank you so much for everything! You've really enriched our lives with your software. Thank you so much!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Quick Search Exit
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 17:36:30 »
Pressing ESC should break quick search and close the quick search window.

But maybe the quick search settings you have make it fail.. So how is quick search configured for you ?

Void

• View Profile
Re: Quick Search Exit
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 11:41:45 »
Sorry for not answering earlier, I had forgotten about it as it works now. Probably it got fixed in one of the updates and I didn't remember the problem anymore. Thank you! Esc works now!