Author Topic: Default File Explorer  (Read 8477 times)

solimer

• View Profile
Default File Explorer
« on: August 21, 2012, 19:24:12 »
Hey!
is there any way to make multicommander the default file explorer??
tnx!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Default File Explorer
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 21:51:15 »
There are ways to hack Windows to allow another program to be started instead of explorer. But it is really a hack and not recommended.
If you google about it you will find how to do it

Bree

• View Profile
Re: Default File Explorer
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 11:52:12 »
I use PowerDesk and it has an option in the setup to make it default file manager. I use this and do use Power Desk to be the file manager as default because i want to have it come up when doing all my file work. I wish MC64 had this option because its one thing i miss just having it come up for say , finished DLing a file and want to unzip it.. i would normal just click on file and get a directory listing of the zip and copy to final running destination. Right now using MC64 i have to click out of the DLed file location, open up MC64 get to the file then i get to see the zip archive. Its two to four extra clicks usually and annoying. that's just ONE of the many times MC64 is not 'right at my fingertips'
  Now one good thing is PowerDesk is SLOW to open and i was looking to replace this program , MC64 has blown me away on this.. faster start <MUCH FASTER, Logo slows it down some when opening> I have found my replacement!!
  Would like to see a button script sharing page. not a forum site but sorta like some programs have skins pages have a button script site. As i am trying to find a way to play .mod .s3m .669 files ect Mod Music files in AIMP. so i can highlight parts of a huge collection i have and ether make play list IE .pls or .s3u or send a highlighted group to aimp . wanted to put that in a button. IE hightail the files and hit one buton to play in AIMP. A web page with many user contributed button scripts would help teach as well as make many functions available to users from users.

also THANKS for the speed this program has.. I used to use PowerDesk <bought it and kept it updated from version 2 thru now 8 but no more..> I use MC64 for all my file work in windows 7 64

.B