Author Topic: Refreshing Units  (Read 7175 times)

maestralien

• View Profile
Refreshing Units
« on: September 04, 2012, 18:38:23 »
Hello,

I have a problem each time I change a device in the same unit, it is never refreshed, so I've to close MC and start it again. Not so good.

I mean: I've a SD card X inserted, so I open an explorer panel in MC, I work, fine.
Then: I remove the SD card X and insert (in the same slot reader) another SD card Y but MC is still showing the previous SD card X content! I press F5 (refresh), nothing happens, I cannot get the content from the new SD card Y inserted. So I must close MC and start it again.

This happens both on my Desktop (Win 7 Pro 64bit) and on my laptop (Vista Home Premium 32bit).

Any solution? Thanks.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Refreshing Units
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 19:08:01 »
very strange.

Because when F5 (Refresh) is issues, The file system will be rescanned, And it will show the information that is provided by Windows, Why Window is providing invalid content I do not know. Might be because it still has some reference to it so it does not flush it.

I don't know what can cause it to happen and I do not have SD card reader here so I can not test my self.

maestralien

• View Profile
Re: Refreshing Units
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 23:03:18 »
I tried it again and it is now working, I mean a part is working. The problem was that I had similar contents in the two SD cards and I saw that the name of units SD-X and SD-Y is not updated properly. I mean, I insert the SD-X card and the name is showed in the units tree as unit H:, when I change and I insert the onther SD-Y, with F5 now I can see that the new content is updated (I copied a different file on the card to see when it updates and when not), but the name of unit (SD-Y) is not updated ... and it's showing, now a generic (H:) Removable Device ...