Author Topic: Language  (Read 7595 times)

cheetah19

• View Profile
Language
« on: October 10, 2012, 10:17:16 »
The language files could be added to "Native language files" application, which could be amended to
English to Hungarian is a "Language Manager" program. This program works with other programs.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Language
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 21:50:00 »
Hmm a program called "Native Language Files"? Never heard of it, I tried to google it but found a lot of other none related things..

I'm not going to change language files format. That is to big of a change. But I might add better functions to the built in language editor.

Kietna Qu'Tak

• View Profile
Re: Language
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 23:26:55 »
Since MC has it's own translating tool it's even better then other software has - one don't need to edit XML files in notepad :-) The only thing I would suggest that could speed up translating is some online portal dedicated to "social translating". Something like BableZilla - portal where users put language files for their tools (on BableZilla there are only Firefox extensions I think) and wait for other users to participate in global translating. Everyone that is willing to help just connect with the chosen files and language. But to be honest... I don't know any tools similar to BableZilla that will be not only for one specific program. As I just googled I have found that people are recommending Pootle and Tradubi.
>>>d(^_^)b<<<