Author Topic: My Computer  (Read 8051 times)

avantuser1114

• View Profile
My Computer
« on: November 08, 2012, 09:58:34 »
how can i show My Computer?i mean the one which shows all the drives...

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: My Computer
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 18:06:42 »
A Explorer like My Computer is not possible in the file list part..  You have a list of all the drive in the device dropdown or the device button bar.

avantuser1114

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 10:29:56 »
well i'm using the up, down, right, left arrow keys to navigate through folders..right to go to parent folder, left to open folders..if i'm in C and want to go to D then i won't be able to do it by using just those keys..i need to go to the drop down for the drives..if there's only My Computer or folder that list the drives then it would be more convenient..any suggestions?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 10:38:43 »
Alt+F1 shows the left panels Device Dropdown, Alt F2 the device dropdonw for the right panel.
and then pressing D will change the drive to D.

avantuser1114

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 01:33:01 »
still can't get over with My Computer..it's not just for navigation..but also for viewing all the drives with their capacity, free spaces, labels..and a good starting place when opening a file manager..please consider adding it in future version..I've used other file managers before and almost(if not all) all have My Computer..I shifted to MC because of its advanced features(others have just basic file management features), specifically the ones related to file operations and archives, but I'm surprised that there's no My Computer...I think many average user's will miss it since it's the first thing that you'll see when opening WE and it gives you an overview(sizes, free spaces, labels...) of your drives..please, please...