Author Topic: focus rectangle freezing  (Read 7579 times)

avantuser1114

• View Profile
focus rectangle freezing
« on: November 11, 2012, 06:59:57 »
why is it that the focus rectangle freezes when I enter a 0 byte folder..this is not always the case..this only happens when i enter a folder that i think is related to the system...on ordinary folders there's no problem..they just won't be opened..but on others, the focus rectangle stays at the 0 byte folder and won't move even if i press up,down keys..

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: focus rectangle freezing
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 16:47:02 »
I have not seen this. I have not been able to recreate this either.

avantuser1114

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 01:51:36 »
I think it only happens when the folder I'm opening has a restricted access..if you're using 64 bit OS, try entering 'Perflogs' folder in C(if you have..)..when I enter it the focus rectangle doesn't move(I've found a solution but requires more key presses)..using WE you can enter after confirming that you want to enter by clicking the 'continue' button in the dialog..btw, it seems that it only happens when I'm using 'right arrow' key and not the 'enter' key..there's no use entering these folders but the problem is when i accidentally open them..the focus rectangle gets stucked..well, this is a minor problem and I've found a solution so there's no need to waste time on this...

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 06:47:58 »
If a folder has restricted access then it should just beep and continue without going into that folder.  Never seen a problem with that before.
Are you running some other program that maybe tries to auto elevate processes or something else that tries to do something when some program access a restricted folder ? Because I do not see how MC can act the way you says.