Author Topic: desktop  (Read 8223 times)

avantuser1114

• View Profile
desktop
« on: November 19, 2012, 06:35:00 »
how can i make a folder that contains all the items in the desktop?I know there is a desktop folder in my account. The problem is it doesn't contain all the shortcuts. Some are contained in another desktop folder in the public folder(for all users).

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: desktop
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 07:19:55 »
No. MC is showing how the actual content on what is on the drive and in a folder.
Window Explorer will aggregate data from different folder and show that result  ( it will also include C:\Users\Public\Desktop\ ).

avantuser1114

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 08:30:30 »
any plans to support that feature?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 10:06:55 »
No directly. Maybe as a special plugin that can show a virtual layout of the desktop.
But not in the normal filesystem layout, because the idea is that MC will not lie to you on what files it shows in a folder

avantuser1114

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 04:17:33 »
maybe you can also try to do the same with 'Computer'..i don't mind if it's a plugin or anything sort of that, I just really want it..and some user may want it, I tried quite a number of file managers and almost all of them have 'Computer'..I'm surprised that MC doesn't have. MC has advanced features that others don't have..so missing a basic feature was a surprise to me. Sorry for bringing this topic again..still can't get over it..