Author Topic: not <DIR>  (Read 8557 times)

avantuser1114

• View Profile
not <DIR>
« on: November 27, 2012, 07:08:04 »
An interesting feature in MC that i don't think other file managers don't have is the ability to modify the words, phrases, and sentences that are being displayed in the program through the language editor..just a minor request, please allow the use of  separate phrases for a directory(default <DIR>) and the '...' that points to the parent(default <DIR> also). I personally want the phrase for the '...' to be <UP> or maybe something like that.
I know I can modify <DIR> and have tried it(even modified <JUNCTION> and <SYMLNKD>). The problem is it seems that there is no separate phrase for '...'.
-btw..changing the words, phrases and sentences in Lang Editor is safe right?just want to be sure..don't want to break things here.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: not <DIR>
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 09:57:16 »
Type text for "..." maybe.. Will add it to the list atleast.

Safe. Yes BUT you will loose you changes when updating since the auto update will replace the language files. But you can backup and restore language sets in the language editor.

avantuser1114

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 11:43:35 »
that gave me an idea..I want to change the <DIR> for the '...' in 'Size' column but I think i'll change '...' itself instead.
What do you mean by 'Will add it to the list atleast'?
Good to know that it's safe..i really don't remember having tried a software that has this feature..it's like another level of configurability!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 13:03:59 »
What do you mean by 'Will add it to the list atleast'?
My list of requested features/changes. That I pick stuff from. :)