Author Topic: another drives list  (Read 7025 times)

avantuser1114

• View Profile
another drives list
« on: November 27, 2012, 09:19:59 »
i think there's no way to get into 'Computer' so i'll be asking this feature i found while testing another file manager..the way it works is if you have reached the root of a drive, for example C:\ or D:\, if you'll go up(by pressing 'backspace' or any other way to go to the parent folder) there will be a list of the drives from the upper left corner of the panel..i know there's already a drop down list that can be displayed if one chooses to but not everyone wants to have something between the tab and the address bar..there are some minimalists who just wants a single line toolbar, tabs and address bar..and besides the list i'm saying is not a drop down, but literally a list that pops in the corner only when you've reached the root and still pressed 'backspace'..it is really like an alternative of 'Computer'..
Btw, the FM i'm saying is Just Manager..still in Alpha stage

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: another drives list
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 11:18:17 »
Not sure that have a virtual top level like MyComputer is the best.It will mess with other features and a lot of workaround for those issues need to be added.
But an alternative to the device drop down list is on my list. If I ever got the time to implement it

avantuser1114

• View Profile
Re: another drives list
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 12:21:38 »
if it's that messy then maybe it's really best to forget it..but what i just proposed isn't exactly the same with my computer, the best way to know it is to see it..i'll just hope then that you'll have time to implement the alternative you mentioned..i just hope though that it will not require additional bar space like the drives drop down...