Author Topic: Quick Search ( Match from Beginning of Filename )  (Read 10853 times)

Crash+Burn

• View Profile
Quick Search ( Match from Beginning of Filename )
« on: December 05, 2012, 03:10:36 »
1) If you set Quick Search to match from the beginning of the FileName, there doesn't appear to be a way to:
---> Use an asterix (*) wildcard to allow the search to match any characters in the beginning.

2) There doesn't appear to be a way to activate Quick Search via a Command/Button.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Quick Search ( Match from Beginning of Filename )
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 11:47:07 »
1) If you set Quick Search to match from the beginning of the FileName, there doesn't appear to be a way to:
---> Use an asterix (*) wildcard to allow the search to match any characters in the beginning.
The QuickSearch popup window does not allow any wildcards.
You can in option specify if it should match from beginning of file or use substring matching.
( Explorer Panel Settings > Display (Tab) > Keyboard handling > Quick Search > "Search for text parts anywhere in the file/folder name"

2) There doesn't appear to be a way to activate Quick Search via a Command/Button.
You mean so that you can assign it to a button or another hotkey ? Hmm that might actually be useful, I will investigate and see if it is possible.

snowbarsik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 07:42:53 »
Cyrillic symbols does not goes to quick search box. only latin

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 14:16:10 »
There are two possible cases here..
First is if Cyrillic letter fails to open the quick searchbox and the second is if Cyrillic letter is now shown in the quckseach box after it has been shown.

What I mean is if you start a quick search with a A-Z letter so that the quicksearch box is show. does it after that works with Cyrillic symbols. ?

snowbarsik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 05:32:00 »
if I start type cyrillik lettters they does not goes to QS box insted of them goes latin symbol
type   shown
и        B
з        P
ф       A
and etc.
and search is being realized by the latin symbols

if i type numbers 123... and delete them then i can do search by cyrillic symbols

sorry for my english

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 07:12:16 »
the QuickSearch box is only triggered to be shown with the A-Z keys. So I would have guess that none of the cyrillic letters would have worked to show it.
It is on the todo list and might be fixed in next version. Unless I run into some strange encoding issues.