Author Topic: Multi Commander v3.0 ALPHA Build 1291  (Read 18332 times)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Multi Commander v3.0 ALPHA Build 1291
« on: December 31, 2012, 14:05:48 »

Multi Commander v3.0 ALPHA (Build 1291)

Download
   Portable 32bit
   Portable 64bit

Changes
  CHANGE- Improved performance when reading config/settings information. (Will probably not be noticable, but it is a lot faster)
  CHANGE- Multi Commander with all its extensions is now built with VisualStudio 2012 using the VS110_XP toolset.
  CHANGE- Icons used in MultiCommander.exe and some of the extensions are moved to a resource dll : MCIcons.dll
  CHANGE- Lots of internal changes to handle the new Icon system
  REMOVE- Many obsolete icons that was still inside MultiCommander.exe removed.
  CHANGE- Alias information is moved from MultiCommander.xml to its own file Aliases.xml. (Will auto convert data to new location)
  CHANGE- Modules information is moved from MultiCommander.xml to its own file Modules.xml. (Will auto convert data to new location)
  CHANGE- A lot of minor core changes.

Please let me know if there is any issue with this release on Windows XP. and if any icons are missing.

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
Re: Multi Commander v3.0 ALPHA Build 1291
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 15:31:10 »
"Add/Modify Favourite" dialog

1.  When i try to add new favourite, there is random text in "Name" and "Path / URL" fields (there may be unreadable symbols or filenames)

2. There is no caret in the edit fields and it is impossible to change focus via mouse - only Tab button works

---

3. Staus/Info text is not cleared when going to "Add new Section" dialog

4. There's no Status/Info text when deleting Section

---

5. Reload function in Text Viewer doesn't work. Auto reload works OK.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 17:10:27 by Jungle »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 17:39:42 »
You know if this are new v3.0 issues, Worked in 2.8.1 but not in 3.0

1.  When i try to add new favourite, there is random text in "Name" and "Path / URL" fields (there may be unreadable symbols or filenames)
Random text ? It should show the current path there.. Maybe current panel is not an Explorer Panel. Search or something else ?

2. There is no caret in the edit fields and it is impossible to change focus via mouse - only Tab button works
Hmm Weird.

3. Staus/Info text is not cleared when going to "Add new Section" dialog
Hmm Not seeing that. hm XP ?

4. There's no Status/Info text when deleting Section
Hm Strange I get a info text about it.. hm XP issue maybe ?

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 17:45:37 »
Random text ? It should show the current path there.. Maybe current panel is not an Explorer Panel. Search or something else ?
Yes. Current panel is Core settings.

Win XP SP3, can't check on Win 7 now

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 18:11:25 »
There is "Load selection from clipboard" function in the Edit menu. But where is "Save selection to clipboard"?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 18:16:55 »
Kind of.  Copy path to clipboard is that.

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 08:40:36 »
Suggestions

1. Tooltips should be added for drive toolbar. When i enable Special folders, several identical folder icons are displayed without titles and tooltips.

2. Synchronize drive toolbar itmes with drive combo items. So the same items should be displayed both in the bar and combo. Now if i disable virtual devices in the toolbar, they are still displayed in the combo

3. Move tollbar settings from Explorer panel Settings to Core settings

---

Bugs.

1. There is Version column in the Explorer panel tab. But although i've translated that caption it is still in English.

2. 3 buttons in Columns setup dialog (up, down. delete) still have no captions if themes disabled in Windows XP

---

I see KibiBytes, MebiBytes etc in the lang resources, but in the settings "Size of 1KB" is used instead. Are those units used somewhere?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 09:13:32 by Jungle »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 13:39:17 »
Suggestions

1. Tooltips should be added for drive toolbar. When i enable Special folders, several identical folder icons are displayed without titles and tooltips.

2. Synchronize drive toolbar itmes with drive combo items. So the same items should be displayed both in the bar and combo. Now if i disable virtual devices in the toolbar, they are still displayed in the combo

3. Move tollbar settings from Explorer panel Settings to Core settings

1. Yes it is on my list. It will be added

2. Hmm No.. Many just want the drives in the toolbar and what everything in the dropdown, But manybe added the option for the dropdown too.

3. Can't be done. Device Toolbar and FileCommand Toolsbar are owned by the Explorer Panel. it is the Explorer Panel extension that create and handles them.

Bugs.

1. There is Version column in the Explorer panel tab. But although i've translated that caption it is still in English.

2. 3 buttons in Columns setup dialog (up, down. delete) still have no captions if themes disabled in Windows XP

1. I will fix

2. You mean the button that shows "^" "v" and "X" ? hm strange that the caption goes away if themes are disabled.
Anyway. Those buttons should be changed to Icons anyway.
---
I see KibiBytes, MebiBytes etc in the lang resources, but in the settings "Size of 1KB" is used instead. Are those units used somewhere?
They are not used.. Yet.  I started added support for it. but never finished it.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 14:13:47 »
You mean the column that is listed as "Standard - Version" They are using Language system

Language Item

Multi Commander Core - C-501
500 -> 528 are column names.

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 14:59:47 »
You mean the column that is listed as "Standard - Version" They are using Language system
Extended - Version.
After modifying column set it seems OK now.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 16:31:14 »
Extended - Version.
After modifying column set it seems OK now.
Sorry I meant "Extended Version" as you said.. There is no "Standard - Version" :)

Think I need to redesign how the column customization works a bit. Need to move that issue up on the list I think. needs to be easier to use

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 10:39:08 »
Favourites.

1. Warning message displayed twice in delete folder dialog in favourites ("All favourites under the folder will also be removed").
2. In delete folder or item dialog if you press left mouse button, then move mouse and then release (like drag and drop), you will be moved to the favorites main window. So, delete dialog disappears and nothing is deleted

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 11:10:07 »
Favourites.

1. Warning message displayed twice in delete folder dialog in favourites ("All favourites under the folder will also be removed").
2. In delete folder or item dialog if you press left mouse button, then move mouse and then release (like drag and drop), you will be moved to the favorites main window. So, delete dialog disappears and nothing is deleted

Thanks

1. Will fix

2. Ahh you mean you press right mouse button while dragging ?..  yes that looks the be an issue. I will fix..