Author Topic: BUG: files got deleted if dropped from external 7-zip  (Read 7515 times)

jmefun

• View Profile
BUG: files got deleted if dropped from external 7-zip
« on: January 30, 2013, 18:37:45 »
I'm using 64bit version, v2.8.2 (build 1291), on Windows 7

If I dropped/extracted files from an external 7-zip into MultiCommander pane/folder, some files from the extraction is either deleted or dropped, i.e. the extracted folder will have missing original files.

Extracting/dropping files from 7-zip into original Windows 7 file manager works fine.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: BUG: files got deleted if dropped from external 7-zip
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 19:09:52 »
The problem is that 7Zip temporary unpack the file and tell MC that the files is location at path X. and then MC starts to Copy the files. But since MC copy the file using a background thread then the control is returned to 7Zip when the copy starts and it thinks that the process is finished and deletes the tmp file. (While MC is copying them.)

I will see if this can be fixed.. I think the program need to block and wait until copy is finished. However this will block the program until the copy is finished.

jmefun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 19:44:32 »
thanks for the quick response.

Please fix it.  Otherwise, every time users want to use 7-zip, they would have to open W7 file manager to do it.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 20:06:47 »
Or they can use MC to open the 7Zip file. If you copy the content of a 7Zip file from inside MC it will work.