Author Topic: File Type Setup with Relative Paths and Network Drive Tabs  (Read 14514 times)

appsuser

• View Profile
Just started using your program because of: copy/move operations that work independently of the main window and that can be queued, ability to create junction links, and customability of menus.  However, I'm running into a few minor annoyances.  I am using the portable 64-bit version, 3.0 (build 1360), on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

First, while creating Launchers under Fle Type Setup, relative paths do not work at all, with or without quotes, tags, etc.  They will only work with the absolute path.

Second, if I lock a tab for a network drive, when I close the program and reopen it, the tab reverts to the C: drive instead of remaining mapped to the network drive.

Otherwise, really good product.

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
Re: File Type Setup with Relative Paths and Network Drive Tabs
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 09:20:56 »
Second, if I lock a tab for a network drive, when I close the program and reopen it, the tab reverts to the C: drive instead of remaining mapped to the network drive.
Try uncheck Save only path to local harddrive under Explorer panel settings > Display tab > Save on exit

appsuser

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 15:00:41 »
Try uncheck Save only path to local harddrive under Explorer panel settings > Display tab > Save on exit
Thanks, that eventually worked.  Had to close out and recreate the tab after changing the settings.

appsuser

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 23:20:54 »
I think I've figured out the problem with relative paths, but didn't see any solutions currently built into the program.  Relative paths work fine as long as the tab that's in current focus is the same drive as the Multi Commander application directory.  However, if the tab in focus is a different drive, the relative paths no longer work.  Relative paths for things like the File Type Setup should always be relative to Multi Commander's install directory, not the current drive tab in focus.

As a working example, say that I have Multi Commander installed portably on a thumb drive, "E:".  I try to double-click on a video, also on "E:", using the File Type Setup preferences program I have chosen.  This works.  However, if I have videos on an external hard drive, "F:", and I try to double-click the video from within Multi Commander, this does not work, because the relative paths are mapping to the "F:" drive instead of the "E:" drive.

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 04:33:29 »
appuser
As a workaround, after you get relative path in the File Types setup you may add ${mcpath}\ to the beginning and optionally surround the path by qoutes.

So the right path could look like
"${mcpath}\..\akelpad\AkelPad.exe"

appsuser

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 13:59:26 »
Thanks, that did work for File Type Setup.