Author Topic: Options on copy/move/delete dialogs  (Read 7908 times)

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
Options on copy/move/delete dialogs
« on: March 18, 2013, 11:12:39 »
I have a couple of requests related to copy/move/delete dialogs.  (Unless these are present & just being missed by me?  ;))

Copy/move file gives option to rename file, can this be added to the folder copy/move dialog (currently only destination path is editable, if I add the folder name to the path it will add the moving folder as a sub-folder)?   Perhaps a right click on the move/copy icon could be used for this.

Option to display copy/move progress speed in mbs not just kbs.

Delete folder dialog doesn't show size of folder to be deleted.  Listing the content/filenames is good, a total content size output would be great!
When deleting a folder containing files & sub-folders - the option to delete to recycle bin w/out secondary confirmation dialog.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Options on copy/move/delete dialogs
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 22:52:41 »

1) Copy/move file gives option to rename file, can this be added to the folder copy/move dialog (currently only destination path is editable, if I add the folder name to the path it will add the moving folder as a sub-folder)?   Perhaps a right click on the move/copy icon could be used for this.

2) Option to display copy/move progress speed in mbs not just kbs.

3) Delete folder dialog doesn't show size of folder to be deleted.  Listing the content/filenames is good, a total content size output would be great!
When deleting a folder containing files & sub-folders - the option to delete to recycle bin w/out secondary confirmation dialog.

1) It only gives you a chance to rename the target file if you copy 1 file. else it is the target path that can be changed.
And folders can not be "renamed" because how do you know if new name should be the new target path or the target name for the folder ?
(But there is changes coming for this..)

2) It is kind of on the list. There are a lot of changes planed for the progress dialog.

3) it did not fit in the window. But it is planned.. Just have not had the time to rebuild the UI for it ,  Would require a lot of scanning before even showing the dialog and that would slow things down...  You can disable some "questions" under core settings => FileSystem

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Options on copy/move/delete dialogs
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 11:55:07 »
Thanks for the quick response.

I take your point on path vs name.
Directory Opus has the move/rename folder function on right click.  It is possible, but I don't know how it is scripted.
I assume that the command could be a sequence
eg
copy d:\abc c:\
ren c:\abc c:\def
(or similar), the user would not necessarily see the 2/multi part command.

I am testing which filesystem options feel best, sometimes I want both no dialog & a curtailed dialog so it is an impossible task for you. ;)
Good to know you are updating dialog formats.  I understand that it is a lot of work creating this prog & optimizing it.
I guess that with your scripting system I will eventually be able to make the changes I want.
Providing I can learn it!  ;D