Author Topic: FTP: don't CWD to "/"  (Read 7171 times)

Philip

• View Profile
FTP: don't CWD to "/"
« on: March 25, 2013, 09:08:18 »
Hi,

I'm new to Multi Commander. At work, I need to make FTP connections to a HP NonStop machine. After a successful connection attempt, Multi Commander wants to change the directory to "/". When I specify a remote directory <foo>, Multi Commander tries to CWD to "/<foo>" (notice the leading "/"). Unfortunately, the file system structure on HP NonStop's OS is quite different from what we're used to have on today's modern operating systems; in particular, the HP NonStop OS doesn't have a directory "/", nor do directories start with "/". (For the sake of completeness, the directory structure on HP NonStop's OS is "$<disk>.\<subvolume>.<file>")

How can I tell Multi Commander to not enter the directory "/", but fully adhere to the directory that I specify in the config?

Best regards,
Philip

« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 09:15:24 by Philip »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: FTP: don't CWD to "/"
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 09:12:35 »
I don't think it is possible in the current version.

Philip

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 09:17:28 »
That's sad. From what I can tell after two days, Multi Commander is pretty much what I'd like to have, but without FTP to HP NonStop, it's useless to me.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 09:27:33 »
FTP servers are weird because all of them work differently. it is impossible to support all of them and since I do not have a HP NonStop my self it is a bit hard to support it. FTP support in MC is only for basic needs.